Have you seen or been a part of a website of a company which started from scratch and ended up jam-packing everything and the final result is a clutter-house of marketing and self-boasting copy and visual display?
Yes, it is a story of the maximum of websites who want to fill the users with every information that they have, irrespective of whether the user is actually looking for that info or not. Every department of the organization wants to stake a claim at the premium web pages and want to show off their maximum achievements, capabilities, and strengths.
However, a minimalist web design is something that could help in actually driving the business—the prime motive of a company’s website. Here are few points to drive the point home:
- Because not all do it, the minimalist design brings a sense of uniqueness and almost exclusiveness which generates a tremendous interest in the eye-heart unit of a user.
- Because you have followed the minimalist guidelines, there is clarity of purpose in everything that is shown to the user. There are not confusing breadcrumbs, icons, or misleading links.
- Because there is a sense of purpose in the design, it helps in achieving the objective easily and quickly—there would be an action from the users’ end, which is obviously what the website was built for.
- Even if the trend changes in the web design world, you are safe because you have taken a different route, which does not need change.
- Apart from being unique, it also takes lesser time and gives you the ability to focus better on every element of the website—whether it is a picture, a text copy, or any other element.
The minimalist web design is something that can generate tremendous value for your website; however, it should have a definite purpose, to begin with. Simply reducing the number of images and text won’t do it. Try it and you will see the change!