In several environments, OneDrive for business is used to sync the work files to the computer. This process enables working with the files directly in your file system and accesses them offline as and when needed. The moment you are online, all those changes made to the files by you or others will automatically sync.
In this article, we discuss how to sync files with the help of the OneDrive sync client. If you do not subscribe to an Office 365 business plan or 21Vianet, you may have to sync files from any on-premise instance of the SharePoint Server or OneDrive for Business by using the earlier version of OneDrive for Business sync client. Here we are discussing only on how to sync OneDrive for Business to your computer.
Steps to sync OneDrive for Business files in Office 365
- Using your work or school account, sign in to Office 365
- Click on the app launcher icon in Office 365 and then select OneDrive.
- Click on the Sync button.
- You will see the browser asking for permission to open Microsoft OneDrive, click on ‘Allow’ or ‘Yes’.
- What you will see next will depend on if you have the latest version of OneDrive already, if you have already signed in to OneDrive using your work or school account and if you are using a classic OneDrive.
- If you see the Getting ready to sync dialog box appear and nothing else happening, click on ‘Get the latest version of OneDrive’.
- After the download is over, you will be prompted to sign in.
- Once you see the Setup OneDrive dialogue box, sign in using your work or school account.
- If you have the latest version of OneDrive already and if you have already signed in, OneDrive will automatically open and you will be moved to the next step.
- When OneDrive opens and when you see the ‘Sync your OneDrive files to this PC’ dialogue box, select the folders you wish to sync or select all files and folders and then click on OK.
- Now Sync is fully set up. It is time to close the Getting ready to sync dialogue box if you find it still open in the web browser.
- You can access your OneDrive for Business files in File Explorer or Finder as OneDrive – CompanyName.
How to sync a site library to your PC
- Use your work or school account to sign in to your firm’s SharePoint site.
- Open the library which you want to sync
- Click on the Sync button
- Click on Sync Now to launch the sync app wizard. The wizard is configured to automatically fill in the name and web address of the library.
- To start syncing, select Sync Now
- To open the synced library in the file explorer, click ‘Show my files’. You will find the folder listed under Favorites in the SharePoint folder.
Planning is the key to success in every mission. This is very much true when it comes to fundraising. When you adopt a planned approach, you will find yourself more organized and achieve more than what is otherwise possible. It is important that you avoid the common mistakes done by many people seeking to raise venture capital. Here is a step by step guidelines on how to move forward with your fund raising campaign.
Prepare a list
Creating a list of prospects is the first step to any fundraising campaign. Most VCs either do not do this or do it wrongly. It is most unlikely that you will approach only a limited number of people and be going about the task without a list in hand would be a mere waste of time.
Reorganize the list on a priority basis
When you rework on the list you have prepared, you will feel like moving the entries up or down depending on the priority you attach to the potential investor. Though the list can grow up indefinitely, it is good to have it as small as 15 organized based on priority and proceed with the list.
Sort out the investors
The next step is to sort out the potential firms into different segments to know who will be a good fit for you. Target the investors who might be willing to invest the amount you have in mind, not more or less. Do not target funds that are of higher value. Also focus on the industry of the investor, the geography and competitiveness before studying their past history of investments. This idea must give you a set of criteria to work with while sorting out the firms.
Always do remember that fund raising is like selling something. The investor is a kind of customer with funds at their disposal. Though they have money to spend, they can invest only in a handful of companies. It is hence essential for you to develop the approaches and strategies that will help win their trust. When the investors feel you are a smart and credible individual who can lead effectively and inspire others, they are most likely to take interest in investing in your venture.
Looking at some top stories in which some entrepreneurs failed in their ventures, we understand that ideas alone do not pave a way to success. The people who implement the ideas are more important than just the good ideas. Hence we must say that execution is everything when it comes to success in entrepreneurship. In other words, failure is related to the flaws in execution. No one can start with the perfect idea. Nevertheless, success comes at the end following a long line of learning experiences, adjustments, good habits and collective efforts.
Top reasons for entrepreneurs to fail
Inability to understand what ‘hard work’ actually means
In entrepreneurship, we need to work with uncertainties. There is none in the world to give us a predefined set of syllabus or assignments to go about. You must be able to decide what and how you must do. Most entrepreneurs struggle with defining their measures and the shock of getting to know how much hard work these measures demand from them.
Not able to balance between patience and impatience
This is a very important quality that most entrepreneurs lack. You must know where to be patient and where not to be impatient. It is like showing the willingness to walk down the long road while being vigilantly ready to gallop when situations and luck permit.
Never identifying what they are good at
It is said, “Imitation is Human”. Most entrepreneurs go by what is popular than trying to unravel what they are good at. If you have to pursue something that does not come to you naturally, you will be naturally slowed down. Also, you fail to put your abilities and talents to good use.
Thinking of entrepreneurship as a solo sport
Some unsuccessful entrepreneurs are found unwilling to share their equity, workload or their network with others. Success in entrepreneurship does not come because of one person. You must find the right people and deliberate the tasks to them to stay more productive and successful in the long run.
Unwillingness to know what they do not know
It is natural that we do not know everything in life. However, willingness to know what we do not know but necessary to push our way forward is an essential quality that will make up successful entrepreneurs.