Do you own a desktop, a laptop, and a smartphone? Do you use different desktops at home and in the office? Do you plan to sync your files and documents in these devices together? Are you sick and tired of using the older versions of Microsoft office? Then you should consider the Microsoft 365.
Who Is It For?
Although Microsoft 365 comes in various plans suitable for single users and homes, it is used mainly by business enterprises. This is because it contains many office-based applications that enhance productivity in the corporate world. These applications include Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft OneNote, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft SharePoint, and so on. I am going to be briefly giving details on the various plans and the applications they contain.
What Are The Various Subscription Plans Available?
There are various plans available for you to choose from, and they are dependent on the requirements you desire. The table below shows the plans and their various features.
|Subscription Plan||Accessible Apps||Suitable For Use|
|Microsoft 365 Personal||Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, Access.||For home and non-commercial use (for one computer).|
|Microsoft 365 Family||Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, Access.||Families and mainstream consumers (up to six devices)|
|Microsoft 365 Business Basic||Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Drive share, yammer, Skype for Business, One Drive (mobile app and office only versions)||Corporate businesses.|
|Microsoft 365 apps fEnterpriseise ||Office professional plus applications.||Enterprises (up to 5 devices per user).|
|Mid-size business||Office 2013 apps from the Microsoft 365 apps fEnterpriseise plus ||Business with 10-300 employees.|
These plans are available on the Microsoft website to have different pricing ranges for both annual and monthly plans. Free trial subscriptions are also available.
What are the Pros and Cons of Using Microsoft 365?
- It makes it easy for collaboration between users and teams.
- Easy access to files.
- Less expensive licenses
- Access to your emails anywhere and anytime.
- Cheaper cost for you because you can either pay annually or monthly.
- Features the ability to removes some services to reduce the cost of the subscription.
- There is a multiple device usage options (specifically available on some subscription plans).
- You can decide to switch between plans if you need some services not available on your package.
- Requires the internet to access files on Cloud.
- Risks of security due to the sharing of data on Cloud.
- Some online apps have limited features.
- Poor internet services disrupt the productivity of work.
- You have a loss of control over data privacy and security.
- Underpowered mobile versions of applications.
- It might not be compatible with some devices that cannot handle polished and media-savvy software.
In summary on Microsoft 365 Review
This product offers a wide range of features that are very suitable for small, medium, and large scale businesses. It also offers many benefits, even to single users. The worth and value of this product to the software and computer world cannot be overemphasized. You should weigh your options (if you have any), but I guarantee you that this product is worth it.